Monday, July 25, 2011

It's a Brand New Work Week

Well, it's Monday morning which means the work week has started.  Before I head off to work I wanted to write down some mini goals for this week.

  1. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday will be no spend days this week.
    • I splurged on a pizza last night for dinner because I didn't feel like cooking for the BF and myself.  In one quick online transaction I spent 30 dollars.  I felt horrible as soon as I made the purchase but we haven't eaten take out in a while so after thinking about it I am semi-okay with it now.  I also didn't have put money on my laundry card this week like I had planned on so I had a spare fifteen dollars that got redirected into MISC expenses.
  2. I am going to finish my monthly budgets for the remainder of 2011 by Saturday.
    • With this new job, my income has stabilized greatly.  My overtime is scheduled in and not sporadic as it was before so that should make forecasting for the rest of the year a little easier.  By projecting so far out I am setting up goals for myself along the way.  It will make saving seem more fun for me.
  3. The BF and I will open a new joint checking account for him under my account umbrellas.
    • My BF is still in school and works during the academic year for the college.  We decided that he could take this summer off from work as long he was okay with a little crazy belt tightening.  So far it has worked out just fine and we should make it through until he starts work again during the last week of August.  However, his checking and savings accounts have less than ten dollars in them and his bank has started to charge him a monthly maintenance fee for not having a set amount in the accounts.  We had the talk a few nights ago about closing his accounts and moving his money over into my accounts.  He is little nervous about it because he doesn't want to overspend and ruin my budgets so I set up a compromise.  He can have my spare savings account which doesn't get much action because I haven't had anything big to save for recently and we will open him a checking account under my umbrella.  He seemed down with that idea so now we just have to close his accounts and open a new one.  I should also mention that we changed all my accounts to joint accounts a few months ago so adding a new one is really easy.
Well, that's it.  Three minor goals for the week that in the end will either save money, or inspire me to save more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment