Sunday, July 31, 2011

FRAUD ALERT!

At 6:30 this morning I got woken up by my phone ringing.  My mind went to panic mode because really, who calls that early unless something is drastically wrong?  There was nothing serious wrong just Bank of America calling to ask me about some strange activity on one of credit cards.

Apparently last night there was a one dollar charge from Napster that was approved by BOA.  It was strange so they put an alert on my account for any other unusual transactions.  Around six this morning another charge from Napster tried to go through in the amount of a couple hundred dollars.  BOA declined that transaction and called me.  They have since closed the account, posted a refund for first Napster charge, and are issuing me a new card.  I was very impressed at how fast BOA reacted to this and how quickly they just closed the account and issued me a new card so kudos for them.

However, I am concerned as to how my account got accessed in the first place.  The card that was used is linked to my iTunes account and to Netflix.  I don't use it for anything else and it never leaves my house so my running theory is that one of those two services got hacked.

In other news, catering last night went really well.  It ran a little bit later than I expected it to but that was fine because I was being paid for it.  The house that we were working at was absolutely beautiful and unnecessarily large.  For two people it was three floors and had an apartment over the garage.  There was a three tiered deck and an Olympic sized swimming pool. Their kitchen was my dream kitchen and had everything you could ever want and need in a kitchen.  In short I guess, I want this house.  lol.  Maybe someday.

Lastly, all the numbers have been crunched and revised debt and net worth with be up tomorrow most likely.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment