Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Weak Spot Number 2 - Driving Around but Not Going Nowhere

There is nothing like waking up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee... :-)

I live about ten miles from my job so, if I take the back roads to get there I have about a twenty minute commute.  In reality I have about a forty minute commute (it will be about ten minutes longer once the college comes back from summer break because I drive my BF to and from campus) because I like to drive around.

Driving around is one of the few things that I enjoy doing because I work in a really pretty area of the state and just a few minutes in either direction and you are surrounded by forests.  It give me a moment to relax before I walk into work and start a crazy day cooking.  I still manage to keep my gas usage under one tank on most weeks.  This week is a little tighter than normal because we visited my future in-laws last weekend about fifty miles away.  I have gotten a lot better about just aimlessly driving around to nowhere.  I used to do it whenever I would get bored, now it's just as I am going to work.

I have started leaving my house about ten minutes later each day in an attempt to curb how much time I do spend driving around and so far it has been okay.  I think next week I will add an extra ten minutes and see how that leaves me feeling.  My BF says that if I am going to get serious then one tank of gas really should last me two weeks going to and from work and a week and half once I start bringing him to campus (which he reimburses me ten to fifteen dollars a week depending on how many times I have to drive to and from campus).

On a side note, I feel like the transmission in my car is getting ready to give out.  I can feel it shifting kind of hard although everyone that drives with me in my car says it is in my head.  Either way I hope my E-fund is funded before it gives out so I will have some give way with the repair.

3 comments:

  1. Transmissions are $$$. It was over $2000 to replace hubby's.

    Congrats on your upcoming wedding....when is the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning to get married about a year after he graduates school which should be in about a year and in a half so there it is a little ways off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give you time to save up for the wedding. ;) How very exciting for you both.

    ReplyDelete