Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh Hey Thursday!

Wow, it's already Thursday and that means the end of another pay period!  I get paid tomorrow so everything extra in my accounts will be transferred to my savings at the end of today.  My no spend days were a complete success this week.  I haven't spent a dime since I got back from my future in-laws on Saturday.  My car still has just over a half a tank of gas in it which means that I can most likely shave a few dollars off my gas budget for the upcoming paycheck and that makes me happy.  Never mind I forgot I picked up a catering job this weekend and have to drive an extra twenty miles. 

July is almost over and I have to say that it has been a really good month.  Everyone at work has been taking vacations this month except me (because I am still new and my vacation doesn't kick in until next April and I like to take my vacations in the winter) so I have been lucky enough to have about eight hours of overtime every week this month on top of the holiday that was this month so I've been making some pretty good money.

I'll admit that instead of using the money to beef up my E-Savings I used most of it to add some extra food to my pantry.  With the BF out of work until mid to late August we have been living off pasta and canned items for most of the summer so it was nice to have some extra food to enjoy. 

And last but not least, I will be sitting down with my manager in a few days for my three month review.  When I was hired I managed to negotiate a dollar pay raise after three months based off a good review and my manager told me I had nothing to worry about we just had to have the sit down and I needed to sign the paperwork.  This should happen either tomorrow or early next week.  Oh and it gets even better.  For staff Christmas gifts the management puts forth three or four ideas in July for us to vote on and whatever gets the most votes is what the will get us for Christmas.  Well, this year the staff voted for a four to six percent "cost of living" pay increase and the management team agreed.  This will go into effect January 1.  Something to look forward to :-)

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the no spends. I haven't jumped on that band wagon yet but I might have to consider it.

    That's great about the raises! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete