Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Good and The Bad ... All In One Day

Yesterday was a day that was jammed packed with good and bad news all at once.

First the good.  My raise went through at work and is being retro applied to my three month anniversary which was in July, so YAY!  My manager also told me that if I work eighteen months with him he would recommend me to make the jump into corporate side of the company which is super exciting because the whole reason I took this job was for the chance to make a jump into corporate :-)

And lastly while I was at work yesterday my future mother in law came up to visit the BF and they spent some time shopping.  Needless to say I now have a fully stocked fridge, pantry, freezer, and liquor cabinet.  I tried to tell her that she didn't have to (via text messages since I was at work) but she insisted and when she insists there is no stopping her.

The Bad.  My roommate asked us on Thursday to watch her dog for the weekend while she went to visit her BF, she told us that she would be Sunday night.  It's now Tuesday and she is still not home.  I have no issue watching the dog at all.  I love the little guy it's just the fact of the matter.  You ask us to watch him for a set number of days I'm going to hold you to that.  If you are going to extend your trip have the courtesy to ask us to watch him longer don't just send me a text saying you will be spending a few extra days.  On top of that she still doesn't have a job!   Ugh! 

The other bit of bad news (there is some good news in it but its selfish of me to put it in good news) is that my executive chef (who is different from my manager) got an offer to transfer within our company to another facility.  He is thinking about it and said that he is unsure if he would take it since it would mean a change in his hours.  He is the sole provider for this two children so being able to get of work at 3:00PM everyday is important to him.  So we will wait and see if he takes this new position.  If he does take it it would probably take the company a month or two to fill his spot so their would be some good overtime in the meantime.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the raise!! Sounds like good things are in store for you wupith the job front!! :)

    Your MIL was so nice to fill your fridge & cupboards! It's nice to be able to do that for others! :)

    Your room-mate I wouldn't be impressed with. She's taking advantage of you, and you know how that saying goes unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sort of acting is completely out of character for my roommate. I get the feeling that she wants to move (even though we just signed a new lease at the start of the month). While her moving would be a bad thing I could get someone else to move in to fill her spot in a few weeks. My BF's college starts up again the first week of September so finding a roommate wouldn't be a huge deal. For the moment I am saving saving saving so if she does try to ditch us I am prepared for the worst.

    ReplyDelete