Monday, August 8, 2011

And Another Work Week Begins

This has been a horrible weekend for spending.  My in-laws through an impromptu dinner party which meant an unscheduled trip to CT.  In order to pay for gas and food this week I had to put food on my credit card :-(  I should have an extra hundred dollars or so come payday this week so I am going to transfer the $40 and change over to the card as soon as I can.

That being said I seriously only have $0.58 in my checking account right now so I guess this is going to be a total no spend week. lol.   The BF goes back to work in exactly 14 days and I am singing from the mountain tops!  Once he is back to work I can get super serious about paying my debt down.

On a completely unrelated topic I want to quickly comment on S&P's downgrade of U.S. debt.  It's about time.  I think that the other rating agencies need to do the same.  Only by downgrading our countries debt will the message of long term debt/deficit reduction get through to our political leaders.  I may be young and I sure as hell hate paying taxes but I understand that if this country is going to have a chance to regaining it's former glory, there are going to need to be hard choices made.  Taxes will have to go up and spending will have to be cut.  I don't care that it is an election year our leaders need to get off their a$$es and do something because they are gambling with my future and I'm sick of it.  I honestly think that the first step to accomplish this is by removing every member of the Senate and House that has served longer than 10 years.  Their minds have been clouded by power and it's time they step aside and allow new blood and new ideas into the mix.

Sorry for that rant I promise I wont make a habit of it, I'm just really angry.  I hope everyone is having a good Monday! 

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were so close...I am in CT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! I am about half an hour over the border in RI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about having to use the c.c. Hopefully everything evens out for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a bummer but after I used it I did some thinking and I froze all my cards. I would have been able to say no easier if I had to take and ice pick to get to my cards. The next time I want to see those cards is when I am closing the accounts and cutting them up!

    ReplyDelete