Saturday, August 6, 2011

I need to have a tooth pulled out

A little over a year ago my dentist noticed a cavity in one of my wisdom teeth.  She told me watch it and if it got worse or started to hurt we would have to pull it out.  Well two days ago it started to hurt something fierce.  So now I am getting ready to call the dentist to have her look at it to tell me to I need to have it pulled. Sounds fairly simple right?  Yeah, not so much. 

I have a rather bad allergy to most types of anesthesia so in order to pull this tooth I need to schedule a surgery at the hospital which will require an overnight for observation.  JUST TO HAVE A TOOTH PULLED OUT.  Even if I just wanted to have it filled I would either have to do it with no anesthesia or again do an overnight in the hospital.  Ugh.  I have rather good health insurance but before that kicks in I need to meet a $1,000 dollar deductible.  My company covers $700 of the deductible so I will really only need to come up with three hundred plus 20% of everything over the $1,000.  Moral of this story is that August is sucking wind right now.

Time to call the dentist now. 

2 comments:

  1. Rough! Hope it doesn't end up costing too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW SORRY! Get a second opinion from a different dentist, it can't hurt... last year a dentist told me I needed 2 crowns, went to see a different dentist and he said not for at least 10 years... good luck!

    HS

    ReplyDelete